Octane
Floppy eared, houndy Octane. He's a big sweet dog. I got this guy when he was about 6 (he's about 10 now). He was apparently from Doug Swingley's yard, but sold to the Sonny King/Ross Adam Iditarod team. Ross and Clint (who ran the team for them a few times) were heading back from Iditarod and passed through. There was a lot of dog swapping going on between a few of us, and I got Octane out of the deal.

He's a totally reliable sled dog and I use him in lead quite a bit. It turns out he really knows commands well, but isn't too forceful with the other dogs he's leading with. He's consistent and a hard worker.

He is also a happy, somewhat goofy dog at times. Every once in a while he'll go zooming around the yard, for no particular reason - just by himself. He's easily entertained I guess. And here Ripper is chasing him, joining the Octane game.

The other dogs sort of pick on poor Octane once in a while. Kate really likes to give him a beating. And the thing is - is that once in a while, it's like he's just had enough and he'll stick up for himself and fight back. When he does that, he comes out ahead - it's usually the other dog who ends up hurt. He can be a tough bugger. But most of the time he's submissive and quiet. That's one reason I think him and Loki are so good together, they're both the shy, submissive type.

He's a totally reliable sled dog and I use him in lead quite a bit. It turns out he really knows commands well, but isn't too forceful with the other dogs he's leading with. He's consistent and a hard worker.

He is also a happy, somewhat goofy dog at times. Every once in a while he'll go zooming around the yard, for no particular reason - just by himself. He's easily entertained I guess. And here Ripper is chasing him, joining the Octane game.

The other dogs sort of pick on poor Octane once in a while. Kate really likes to give him a beating. And the thing is - is that once in a while, it's like he's just had enough and he'll stick up for himself and fight back. When he does that, he comes out ahead - it's usually the other dog who ends up hurt. He can be a tough bugger. But most of the time he's submissive and quiet. That's one reason I think him and Loki are so good together, they're both the shy, submissive type.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home