Harris
Harris and Jack, now 4, came to me as 8 week old pups from the kennel I worked at. They were the first pups I had, and really bonded to each other. They are always together, which is one reason I don't have too many pictures of just one of them without the other. Here they are skijoring, with Harris looking back.

How to tell them apart - Harris has floppy ears and Jack's are straight. Harris is a big boy, about 70lbs but is a big sweet baby.
As you can see here, they really love each other. Harris is always resting his head on his brother and Jack doesn't seem to mind one bit. The funniest thing is that still, at four years old, I often find these two in the same doghouse together!! It's very rare that loose dogs share a single dog house, but these two have a high tolerance for each other.

It's funny when they are hooked up beside each other as we're getting ready to leave. They will jump and attack each other, and to an innocent bystander, they may look like they're about to kill each other. It may sound and look nasty, but they've never fought. They seem to have an understanding on how far to push each other. And sometimes, Jack is the annoying instigator, but Harris can deal with him pretty good.
And, here they are again.

Harris with Gabe in lead.

Harris has been pretty good in lead. I run the two of them together in lead a lot, until Jack preferred to be further back. Here is Harris with Ripper, however these two barely tolerate each other. I have no idea why they can't stand each other, so I run them without a neckline so they don't have to be too close. But once they're running, they're fine. This is at the end of a run.

Harris practices his cliff climbing.

Harris can go anywhere in the team. Yes, he's just that good!

How to tell them apart - Harris has floppy ears and Jack's are straight. Harris is a big boy, about 70lbs but is a big sweet baby.
As you can see here, they really love each other. Harris is always resting his head on his brother and Jack doesn't seem to mind one bit. The funniest thing is that still, at four years old, I often find these two in the same doghouse together!! It's very rare that loose dogs share a single dog house, but these two have a high tolerance for each other.

It's funny when they are hooked up beside each other as we're getting ready to leave. They will jump and attack each other, and to an innocent bystander, they may look like they're about to kill each other. It may sound and look nasty, but they've never fought. They seem to have an understanding on how far to push each other. And sometimes, Jack is the annoying instigator, but Harris can deal with him pretty good.
And, here they are again.

Harris with Gabe in lead.

Harris has been pretty good in lead. I run the two of them together in lead a lot, until Jack preferred to be further back. Here is Harris with Ripper, however these two barely tolerate each other. I have no idea why they can't stand each other, so I run them without a neckline so they don't have to be too close. But once they're running, they're fine. This is at the end of a run.

Harris practices his cliff climbing.

Harris can go anywhere in the team. Yes, he's just that good!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home